Wednesday 14 November 2012

DAY 2: SERIOUS F BOMBS

Day two of going sugar-free and there has been one immediate effect.

Farts.

Serious trouser trumpeting.

As Dr. Robert Lustig said, "In life, you have two choices: it's either fat or fart." In my life, I've experienced both and I can attest that I much prefer farting - perhaps to the dismay of those in close proximity.

In theory, it's probably to do with eating more fruit and fibre. I suppose the Nakd fruit bars aren't helping much either. The Serious F Bombs only seem to really reach full velocity at night, after dinner. Then again, that might be down to the steamed broccoli that I am currently addicted to (no, seriously. I can't seem to get enough?!)

Today wasn't too bad - sugar-free wise. I got a bit more experimental with my food. Well, breakfast anyway.

B


As previously mentioned, I  L O V E maple syrup on my oatmeal. This morning, in an effort to sweeten my oatmeal without maple syrup/ sugar, I tried stirring in 100% cocoa and half of a mashed banana - alongside my usual coconut oil, topping it all off with some shredded (unsweetened) coconut. I have to say that it was actually really (surprisingly?) good. Sure, not sweet enough to what I'm accustomed to but still delicious.

It's not the most appealing aesthetically but I can assure you - it smells sweet and lovely.

L

Two Pieces of Biona Rye Bread w/ butter

D



Dinner was courtesy of my lovely boyfriend, who is also going sugar-free with me. He concocted a lovely meal of fettuccine pasta with goats cheese, cherry tomatoes, capers and olives. Dessert was a fruit salad topped off with two tablespoons of Rachel's Natural Organic Honey Yogurt. Poor boyfriend got confused and thought honey was ok. Alas, and much to his displeasure, honey is not ok on the sugar-free stretch. We had two tablespoons with our fruit followed by an affirmation that no more honey or sweetened-yogurt shall pass our lips until further notice. 





4 comments:

  1. I like applesauce in my oatmeal or peanut butter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, good thinking! I am going to try almond butter at some point

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. battledome neopets.

    ReplyDelete